Speaker deadline has been extended to June 8th!
What’s required to be a speaker at WordCamp Ottawa 2017?
- Knowledge and passion about a WordPress (or WordPress-related) topic
- An ability to engage an audience during a traditional 45-minute or a lightning 10- to 15-minute talk (or other talk ideas – like a panel discussion or a workshop!)
- Slides that support your talk, or comfort speaking before a live audience (as well as the audience on WordPress.tv!)
- A willingness to accept appreciation and feedback from a grateful audience
Sharing your knowledge at a WordCamp is very rewarding: you can shine before prospective clients or employers, make new acquaintances and network with people grateful for the knowledge and understanding you share. And, provided you don’t mind taking the stage, it’s fun!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for WordPress users, designers and developers who can deliver talks about:
- Publishing through a WordPress site
- Designing and building a WordPress site
- Setting up sites, designing themes, developing plugins, learning about development best practices and more
- Other WordPress-related topics, such as the business of selling websites/plugins, providing customers service, and the open source community as a whole
What we’d like to see
Often, the more successful talks:
- Explain what you learned as you solved a problem
- Share examples – whether code or graphs, both help paint a picture for the audience
- Present a number of important lessons learned, with tips on avoiding problems
- Take the form of a case study, or a live or scripted example
If you can see yourself sharing your WordPress knowledge and expertise with people who are eager to learn, don’t hesitate! Become a Speaker today 🙂